Tuesday 2 September 2014

Selling Myself Like A Prostitute

Self marketing. Not a skill at the top of my resume. Yet exactly the two things being faced. I know I just need to polish this letter to cover my resume but how do you find the words to create a picture that convinces the reader that they need you when they didnt even know they needed anyone? How do you create a picture of yourself while remaining professional and not sounding desperate? 

I know I am worth taking a risk on. I know I have the skills and drive to be great at this. But convincing someone on paper seems a whole lot harder. If only I could just write them a blog post of why I should be hired instead of a cover letter. Professionalism wins out but definitely stifles creativity and self expression. 

Let's hope I dont end up being the last one waiting on the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment